About Me

My photo
i'm a published poet working on my next book. i love reading, hiking, and and am a mean scrabble player.i admit i'm a sherlockian with pride. but on a warm day, i really like to hang out on my porch with my dog and a cool beverage and people watch the afternoon away.

Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Harmonizing Clutter

when music trickles
from your fingers
as easy as words
from your lips-
oh, i would like
to learn that trick!
but the angels
impetus of muse
do not sing in my ear,
they only talk in a
blathering drone.
-incessant really-
if i listened all of the time
i would go insane,
but i have a filter that
allows me to grab only the important words
(at least that's what i tell myself)
and that's the poetry
that stains my page.
i wonder if God works
the same way,
adjusting His filter
to only answer
important prayers
(at least that's what He tells Himself)
and maybe that's why
we offer Him hymns.
-songs in the darkness
to break up the drone.

No comments:

Post a Comment