About Me

My photo
i'm a published poet working on my next book. i love reading, hiking, and and am a mean scrabble player.i admit i'm a sherlockian with pride. but on a warm day, i really like to hang out on my porch with my dog and a cool beverage and people watch the afternoon away.

Sunday, March 29, 2009

pontific ponderings

i have often thought
of that kernel,
(you know what i mean)
that bit of God's love
that preacher
pastor
priest
tells us is the essence
of our soul.
it is what the "us"
or the "we"
is shaped around.
-the beginning of our being
before we began.
so sometimes i wonder about this
uncontaminated little sprout,
this piece of God inside me...
i can resent it one minute
and rejoice in it the next,
but i think i am forgiven these petty thoughts,
because God knows my brain and the kernel
glows brightly still.

No comments:

Post a Comment