About Me

My photo
i'm a published poet working on my next book. i love reading, hiking, and and am a mean scrabble player.i admit i'm a sherlockian with pride. but on a warm day, i really like to hang out on my porch with my dog and a cool beverage and people watch the afternoon away.

Tuesday, March 3, 2009

VIP List

Dear friend Jenn
who has settled
her rebellious mind
into the role of
mother so lately,
has really been
nurturing me for years:
her kindness
compassion,
loyalty
never ceases and
feeds into my own
goodness,
banishing the darkest moments,
to bring me home.
Dearest brother Shawn
who keeps his own counsel,
keeps his own morality
keeps his own idealism
You are my anchor and
often my chiding reminder
that saves me from the
riptides of selfish obsession.
you present to me reality
and in returning me to that
confusing place,
you cushion its pitiless
glare with love and
sweet understanding.
Dearest Mother and Father,
i cannot consider
one without the other
with the yin-yang
effect you have left
on my person hood
each mark of my character
has been imprinted by you
as :my shining friends
my fierce protectors
my loving reprimanders
my closest critics
my dearest loves
and so Friend, Brother, Parents,
most vital to me
my strange and beautiful loves,
you change how i see the world
and how the world sees me
without you i would
be lost,
a missing piece,
less than myself.
thank you for keeping me whole.

No comments:

Post a Comment