About Me

My photo
i'm a published poet working on my next book. i love reading, hiking, and and am a mean scrabble player.i admit i'm a sherlockian with pride. but on a warm day, i really like to hang out on my porch with my dog and a cool beverage and people watch the afternoon away.

Sunday, March 29, 2009

personality grocery list

i can:
-spell world backwards
-give the best belly rubs in town, nay the county
-listen without judging
-judge without listening
-be joyous and giggly
-be sad and morose
-keep to myself
-shout out to the world (dlrow)
-read
-write
-sing
-pray
-wish
-believe
-imagine
-betray
-ignore
-respect
-be the most empathetic person in the room
-be the most oblivious person in the room (what?)
-be pretty
-be ugly
-be clear
-be confused
-treasure my intelligence
-pray for the cloud of ignorance
-be a loving sister
-be the family albatross
-be an honest and loving friend
-be selfish enough to crumble friendships
-be flexible
-be rigid
-be loved
-be resented
-want more than anything to have the idealized "normal" life
-honor my individuality and wear my unique eccentricities like the brightly colored bits of armored personhood they are.

i will:
-open myself up to healing
-take care of and honor my physical body
-work towards emotional stability
-work on eliminating compulsive and obsessive thoughts
-be strong and personable
-help without being manipulated

1 comment:

  1. This is a great expression of knowledge of self... To have that confidence would truly be a gift!

    ReplyDelete