About Me

My photo
i'm a published poet working on my next book. i love reading, hiking, and and am a mean scrabble player.i admit i'm a sherlockian with pride. but on a warm day, i really like to hang out on my porch with my dog and a cool beverage and people watch the afternoon away.

Saturday, February 14, 2009

Wisdom From a Dust Mite


Trying to fathom the universe
i paused,
waiting for the dizziness
to pass.
My mind is not always concerned
with such gigantic ideas.
(actually it is
usually bound tightly
by the petty and the mundane)
But today I stretched
out across the cosmos,
seeking
great answers to
great questions
and I was confounded
by the vastness
of it all.
I was surprised by
the cloud of loneliness
that had formed over my heart.
Insignificant is too large
a word to define my feeling,
small, tiny, speck,
that is me.
So I wonder how
throughout this cacophony
of creation
does God recognize me
hear me
love me
or is me selfish ideology
based on coincidence?
Then, in my mind,
I hearkened back to my childhood;
A bitter cold day of
frost and snow,
filled with the dread of
trudging to school in
cumbersome snow pants
and unfinished homework,
when suddenly the radio crackled
in the early morning hours
that echoed a command
from God that
answered
a hundred children's prayers: Snow Day

No comments:

Post a Comment