About Me

My photo
i'm a published poet working on my next book. i love reading, hiking, and and am a mean scrabble player.i admit i'm a sherlockian with pride. but on a warm day, i really like to hang out on my porch with my dog and a cool beverage and people watch the afternoon away.

Sunday, February 15, 2009

Tinker


instinct
mother of my own invention
or is it something more?
So many questions i have...
intellectual leanings,
passionate leanings,
spiritual leanings,
Are these the
lessons of my mind
or something greater?
I know I have free will
because no omnipotent being
would carry the battle scars
I have imprinted
on my body
on my soul.
So what to make
of these casual whisperings
I sometimes catch
within myself?
Is it precognition
gleaned from a rocky existence,
or maybe a sympathetic Savior
unable to resist a little
tinkering on his most
troublesome creation?

1 comment:

  1. Sometimes I wonder... am I on the outside looking in or am i on the inside, looking out?
    You aren't so troublesome-
    Ja knee :)

    ReplyDelete